1. Bring water to a boil. (4 cups water to 1 cup tapioca pearls.)
2. Add dry tapioca pearls.
3. When the pearls float to the top, reduce to a simmer.
4. Simmer for 25 min.
5. Take off heat and let the pearls sit in the hot water for 30 min.
6. Drain water and rise off the extra starch.
7. Sweeten to taste with brown sugar or honey. Let the pearls sit in the sweetener for 10 minutes.
Ingredients: Tapioca starch, water, CMC, caramel flavor, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate (preservatives) below 0.3%.