This egg-less meringue mix has been developed by Kevin & Ellin while experimenting with variations of dalgona drinks during quarantine. Now you can easily make your own meringue whipped topping with this mix! It can also be baked to make meringue cookies. Or use in place of aquafaba (1 tbsp to 1/2 cup hot water) in vegan recipes!
30g of meringue mix makes enough whipped meringue to top ~25 drinks or about 200 small meringue cookies.
* The sugar can be omitted or reduced, but the full amount is recommended to achieve stiff, glossy peaks. Without it, the whip will be softer and less stable, but you will still get a foamy fluff you can use to top your drink.
Add hot water to the meringue mix and whip until foamy with soft peaks. Add the sugar 1 tbsp at a time and whip until glossy with stiff peaks.
Vegan Meringue Cookies (makes 1 large tray of cookies or about 40 small cookies):
- 1 tbsp Vegan Meringue Mix
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- Optional Flavourings (e.g. vanilla extract)
- 4 tbspCane Sugar (you can add more but stop if the mixture starts to deflate)
Add hot water to the meringue mix and whip until foamy with soft peaks. Add the sugar 1 tbsp at a time andwhip until glossy with stiff peaks. Pipe the mixture onto a non-stick baking mat on a tray and bake for 2 hours at 210F. Turn off the oven and leave the cookies in for another 20 min. with the doors closed. Take the cookies out, let cool, and enjoy! The cookies crisp up as they cool.
Try using earl grey tea instead of hot water for london fog cookies!
Creamy Vegan Milk Base (for dalgona drinks and lattes - makes 2 servings):
- 2 cups Water (can be hot or cold depending on the drink)
Blend all ingredients in a high powered blendered until smooth and creamy. Add more cashews and/or coconut milk powder for a richer, creamier milk. You can also use just cashews or just the coconut milk powder (increase the amount of one if you omit the other).
Dalgona flavour variations:
- London Fog: Use earl grey tea instead of hot water in the whip. For the creamy base, again, use earl grey tea instead of water.
- Matcha Latte: After achieving stiff peaks, whip in 1 tbsp matcha powder for a matcha whip. The matcha makes the whip less stable, so alternatively, you can keep the original whip and make a matcha base instead by mixing in matcha into the milk base.
- Blueberry Acai Latte (Cold): After achieving stiff peaks, whip in 1 tbsp acai powder for an acai whip. Stir in frozen blueberries into the cold milk base.
- Lavender: Use lavender tea instead of hot water in the whip. For the creamy base, again, use lavender tea instead of water.
Vegan Meringue Mix Ingredients: Organic pea protein, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, cream of tartar.